As a family-owned business four generations running, Wyoming Machinery offers much more than an industry-leading selection of Caterpillar new and used parts and machinery. Wyoming CAT leads the mining, construction, oil and gas equipment areas in their region, but their longtime customers also know them for reliable customer service and standout machinery knowledge and experience. That's why 98% of Wyoming CAT customers have a dedicated account rep with proactive support. That’s the Wyoming way.
WYOMING MACHINERY GOALS
From the initial discovery phase of our website project, the BlueKey team knew that we needed to gain a deep understanding of both the dealer-customer relationship and the important differentiators of Wyoming CAT's dealership operations in order to execute an effectivewebsite redesign for the brand. Going through the our collaborative strategy process, we established shared goals for the new Wyoming CAT Kentico website:
- Increase digitally-driven sales leads via strong search engine placement and improved conversion rates once users are on the site.
- Create a website that serves as a helpful resource for all stakeholders, from customers to Wyoming Machinery employees, and Cat Corporate.
- Represent all business units with a modern, engaging design and thoughtful site architecture.
The previous Wyoming Machinery website was busy and difficult to navigate, inconvenient for their current and prospective customers to quickly and easily find the information they needed. It also lacked a strong voice, failing to effectively communicate Wyoming Machinery’s core values, expertise, and differentiators. We focused on the following challenges in particular:
Poor mobile experience has potential to drive away both current and prospective customers. We knew we needed to create a responsive site that cleanly organized on-page content and gave clear directions to the user with highly visible and contextual inner page navigation and calls to action.
Weak brand voice fails to adequately represent Wyoming Machinery’s core values. We sought to create a bright, engaging, modern design that was intuitive to the user, while employing copy that introduced and reaffirmed the brand’s unique differentiators.
OUR CUSTOM SOLUTION
Our final product—the new Wyoming Machinery website—sought to solve issues of usability, branding, information organization, and product layouts by:
- Quickly routing users to new, used, and rental machines, as well as parts
- Emphasizing email newsletter sign up so Wyoming CAT can stay top of mind with current customers
- Accelerating the parts search process for current customers with quick routing to the parts landing page
- Reestablishing Wyoming Machinery's reputation as a mining expert with direct site pathing for mining customers to a mining-focused landing page
- Highlighting Wyoming Machinery's social media pages for yet another way for their target audience to engage with the company
POST LAUNCH RESULTS
The new Wyoming Machinery website speaks with a strong voice about the core values of this family-owned brand, and has become a more robust, useful tool for their customers, as well as their own sales reps. The results speak for themselves:
- Improved Site Analytics: improved % of new sessions, decreased bounce rate, increased average session duration, increased avg. number of pages per session
- Stronger brand presence
- More user-friendly design
- Improved parts and equipment search
- Improved product page display
WHY WE CHOSE KENTICO
We chose Kentico as our CMS of choice for the Wyoming Machinery website project for several the key advantages it could offer our client:
- More ease of content management: as a Caterpillar dealer, Wyoming Machinery needed a CMS that could keep up with them—allowing for quick and easy text, image, and product updates.
- Product inventory search and display: tag-based product inventory search and display allows for easy navigation among different types of equipment, parts, and used inventory, allowing customers to quickly find the product they’re looking for—even on a mobile device.
- Better integration of parts and inventory feeds: this realtime info comes from both CAT corporate and dealership-managed product databases
- Improved connections between machine types and industries: using Kentico page types, we made industry specific routing easier for our team to build and easier for the end user to navigate
- Better content management in the long term: With Kentico, CAT dealership clients can quickly and easily create, add, edit, and update news and promotion items on the website, without the assistance of our team
WE'RE ALL IN FOR KENTICO. SEE THE STATS TO PROVE IT >